Unlock all the Chthonian companions: find in this guide how to unlock all the companions as well as their usefulness!
Before we walk you through how to unlock companions, here's what you need to know before you can unlock them:
- it will take a lot, a lot (a lot) to talk to the affected characters before they offer you the option to give an ambrosia
- each person will then give you the companion after ambrosia
- I unlocked my first companion after completing the epilogue (which happens when you complete the game 10 times) and restarted the game quite a bit to keep the story going
- so if you still have nothing, don't worry!
First companion and the easiest to obtain:
- Cubitos - Thados - attracts enemies and serves as a tank
- practical but you can damage it
- watch out for AOE from enemies
The Cubitos companion via Thados
Second companion, also quite easy to unlock
- Vivi - Shrew - drops a line of damage on enemies
- good for cleaning an area, but aim in line
The companion Vivi with Mégère
For Ombros, consider also giving nectar to Pierrot, the pebbles!
- Ombros - Sisyphus & Pierrot - deals damage while falling and gives gold, hearts and obsidians
- ultra practical, my favorite but low AOE
The Ombros companion via Sisyphus and Pierrot
Very long to unlock, it will be accessible thanks to Thanatos
- Morty - Thanatos - uses the circle of death to deal big damage
- not bad, long enough to process but hit hard
The companion Morty with Thanatos
It also takes a long time to unlock!
- Fidi - Dusa - throws projectiles that turn into stone
- quite nice, allows in particular to freeze the enemies a little
The Fidi companion via Dusa
And here is the last of the selection, congratulations you manage to unlock it! It will be necessary to give ambrosia to two characters
- Mitos - Achilles & Patroclus - deal damage to two enemies
- I find it frankly not super useful
The Mitos companion via Achilles & Patroclus
With this guide you should have less trouble collecting all of the Chthonian Companion Summons! FYI, it took me 60 hours of play to get them all back! Good luck !
By Alchemists, June 2021