Lost Ark: Complete Beginner's Guide - Learn all about currencies, quests, spells, stats, etc! This tutorial is available in text or video!
Main quest and side quest
- You will always have side quests associated with the main quest
- They will be in the main quest area, so talk to everyone before you start your quest.
- Side quests also allow you to have stats for your character
- You will get "Quest" consumables, take them all to complete the regions
- These completed regions will give you access to rewards, as you go.
- After a quest package you will have access to a dungeon, in "normal" or "difficult", try to finish it in difficult to maximize the loot
- The polishing (the light blue diamonds on your equipment) corresponds to the level of quality of this one
- Press J then locate if needed
Professions (Life Skill)
Trades are unlocked during a main quest, while waiting for the "life skill" to appear with a padlock.
You will need harvesting equipment (pickax, basket, etc.) to be able to collect trees, mines etc.
There are six professions:
- Gathering: collecting plants
- Mining (miner): recover metals
- Fishing: collect various fish
- Lumbering (lumberjack): recover wood
- Hunting: collect meat
- Archeology (archaeologist): allows you to find artefacts
- Various music will be unlocked as you go
- The first will be to get out of the dungeons, then to encourage questing troop
- The game will make you use them when you need to at first, so don't worry too much about them!
- It is possible to improve relations with some NPCs
- They are marked by a heart
- You can give them the affinity items (the ones with a heart in your inventory)
- Each level you pass gives you rewards
- You can also make emotes or music to gain affinity
Different currencies are available, each with their own utility
- Silver: to buy from standard NPCs
- Crystal: to buy at the Cash Shop (game money)
- Crystal Ore: to buy at the Cash Shop (real money)
- Gold: to buy house action from players
- Lupeon Seal: to buy from priests and collectors
- Mokoko seed: be on the map to buy from the specific NPC
- Alt + left click to teleport to a waypoint on the map (tab)
- Open the map and zoom out with right click
- Zoom on the map with the roulette wheel
- Intelligence / Strength / Dexterity: increases your damage
- Vitality: increases max life
- Critical: critical chance
- Specialty: increases your special skill (Z)
- Subdue: increases damage taken by CC enemies
- Agility: increases attack speed, cooldown and move speed
- Endurance: increases overall defenses
- Proficiency: increases the duration of enemy statuses and reduces on self
Stats of your nature. They are not essential but serve as a prerequisite for some for some Mokoko, affinity quests or dialogue requiring minimum stats (thanks to the Lost Ark FR discord for their help!).
- Ancient Gold Coins are only items for sale in the NPC
- Loots in public are only for oneself
- The "dismantle" only allows you to empty your inventory
- Life Skill's ax throwing kills roaming animals like rabbits
- Quests give you an item to use on F5, be careful not to get stuck on it!
- The "skill points potions" are potions giving skill points or life points
- There is a card game system, available after level 30 in the main city
- Each title gives you a permanent cumulative bonus
- You can therefore buff your character by achieving several achievements
- However, you can only display one title
- These are dungeons only accessible by a "map" object
- The complete guide here
By Alchemists, June 2020